Sunday, March 27, 2011

S.P.A.C.E. 2011


March 19th and 20th was the 12th annual Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo (S.P.A.C.E.) in Columbus, OH. This was my first time out to the show after years of hearing about it.

The Pittsburgh Indy Comic scene was well represented with the likes of Nick Marino, Dan Greenwald, Scott Hedlund, Marcel Walker and my co-conspirator in funny book debauchery Shawn Atkins!

I just loved the overall vibe of the show. This isn't your typical "spandex and capes" convention. This was a gathering of independent and small press creators with their own stories and love for the comic book artform on display. I'm glad I went and I'm looking forward to next year! Photos of the show can be seen here.

Karate Moves,

~Seth

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU DA MAN FRONZY!

M.L. said...

It was a pleasure rocketing into S.P.A.C.E. with you, Seth!

Dan Greenwald said...

I concur, it was a great time and the drive up and back was way more fun with you and Marcel.

Unknown said...

Nick -- Thank you! You're too kind! M.L. -- I believe the pleasure was mutual! Dang -- I couldn't agree more! We should make a habit of it annually!! :)